Options

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Thank goodness....we have heat!

We were thrilled to have heat in our house when we visited yesterday.  Until now, we have really had to be quick looking at the house because it was just too cold to be in there long.  The kids would complain, we would look around for 10 minutes and then hop back in the car because they were miserable after a bit.  But yesterday, we had plenty of time to look around.  It was a balmy 65 degrees indoors, and the kids played while we looked around.

There was more progress.  Stove/oven is in.  Hardwood and carpet was in everywhere.  The railings were stained.  Light fixtures were in and electricity was on.  Water was on.  Footers were dug for our porch but they were full of water.  Exterior lighting was in, driveway was poured, front porch was complete and railings were up.  Interestingly enough, our house was not locked yet.

Things that still need to be done: shower door installed, shower rod in kids bathroom, knobs on doors.  Some circuits were still being worked on, supports for the granite countertop still need to go in, deck needs to be built, cabinets need finishing work, microwave needs to be installed.

We have 2 weeks and a day until closing, but I'm confident it will all get done.  Still dealing with some last minute issues with NVR.  They have been pretty good to work with, but at this point, they are asking for a bunch of things we have already sent.  Hope everything works out and we close on time.

And now for some pictures...

Bonus room with carpet!


The outside with most of the yard graded and the porch completed
 I took this one to show the Manchester Cherry hardwood floor with the Butterscotch cabinets
 Railing
 The porch
 A shot of the stairs

13 comments:

  1. The house looks great! I love your porch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really didn't like the porch at first (before it was finished) but now that it's finished, I like it :)

      Delete
  2. Really nice to see how well the stain matches the hardwood. And that metal railing on the porch looks really nice. I like how RH does their porches with the partial stone fronts. Looks really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! BTW - my husband has been meaning to reply to you a little more in depth about the attic. We had some issues with it. I'll remind him!

      Delete
    2. Ooh, I do want to hear about that. Our Pre-con is coming up soon. Have him send me a message if he likes, or I'll keep checking back.

      Delete
    3. I posted a reply on the other thread. Check it out and if you need more info let me know.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Cool - longer, more comfortable walk-throughs! Your hardwood and cabinet choices look great. Stone front steps are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much C! It's amazing what a difference climate control can make in touring the house.

      Delete
  4. Looks good...almost done! I'm shocked the doors weren't locked...you need to speak with someone about that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks pinkrage! I was also shocked that it wasn't locked. Guess I should put a call into my PM about it...

      Delete