Options

Sunday, January 13, 2013

More progress

I promise I will get some pics up soon.  The house changes so much every time we see it!

We went to visit the house yesterday, and to our surprise they had done ALL of the stonework.  It looks awesome.  We are very pleased with how it turned out.  We were also surprised to see the drywall crew working away on a Saturday afternoon.  They were doing some taping and mudding in the garage.  We didn't realize our garage door had been installed until they closed it to tape and mud above where it sits when open.

The house looks so different with drywall.  I was really happy to see how big our closets were with the bathroom layout we chose.  We really went back and forth on jetted tub vs. no tub and bigger shower.  So glad we went with the bigger shower which also gave us bigger closets.  We aren't really "bath" people anyway.  I didn't see any goodies in our garage yesterday like cabinets or flooring but hopefully they will be delivered soon.

43 days left until closing - seems so close but so far away too!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Jessica! I am happy to find your blog. My fiance and I are also building a Palermo, and also in Virginia. Can't wait to see pictures and learn about your new home. If you would like to follow the progress of our build, head over to http://fromthegroundup12.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where in Virginia are y'all building?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are building in Carrollton, near Smithfield. How about you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Williamsburg!

    We are actually living with my parents in Suffolk at the moment. We pass by Eagle Harbor every day.
    How exciting - I'll go check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete